Bone Fracture Injury Lawyers in Topeka
A bone fracture injury is one of the most common serious injuries suffered in the road, sporting, and workplace accidents.
If your fracture is due to the negligence or carelessness of another party, you may be able to seek compensation for your losses via a personal injury claim.
The Topeka bone fracture injury lawyers at Irigonegaray, Turney, & Revenaugh LLP have a strong track record in such cases and can assist you in seeking compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and emotional suffering.
What are the common causes of a broken bone injury?
Amongst the most common causes of broken bone injuries in Topeka are:
- Car accidents – during a car accident, your body may get hurled forward, backward, or sideways causing you to slam against the door, dashboard, seating or other parts of the car. This sudden and violent movement can easily cause a broken bone injury (arm, leg, ribs, skull, etc.)
- Motorcycle crashes – a motorcycle driver is more exposed than a car driver in an accident and broken bones are common. Often a motorcyclist is hurled great distances during a crash and this can lead to multiple fractures and broken bones.
- Pedestrian and cyclist accidents – the lack of protection for pedestrians and cyclists on the road is an obvious cause of broken bones during accidents.
- Common slips and falls – slippery surfaces on public and private properties can cause falls and broken bones, most obviously due to the failure to clear ice in winter.
- Sports injuries – almost any sporting endeavour can put you at risk of a bone fracture either from contact or from a fall.
- Workplace injuries – people frequently suffer fractured bone injuries when operating machinery or doing other manual work.
Who is at fault for my broken bone personal injury?
Of course, many people have genuine accidents that are either their own fault or where no blame can be apportioned to any party.
If you suspect that your broken bone was due to the negligence or carelessness of another party, call one of our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible.
Your lawyer will investigate the circumstances of your accident, including the accident scene and then determine which party or parties were at fault.
Depending on the circumstances of your accident, the at-fault party or parties could be:
- Another motor vehicle driver
- A vehicle parts manufacturer
- A trucking company
- A property owner
- A maintenance company
- A government agency
- A cargo loading agency
Your lawyer will assess which of the above parties, if any, were at fault in your accident.
What are the common types of bone fracture injuries?
Bone fractures can be relatively minor like a wrist fracture or much more serious, such as with a skull or spinal fracture.
Some of the different types of fractures include:
- A “comminuted” fracture, where the bone breaks into separate pieces
- A hairline or stress fractures, which is a small crack in the bone
- An open (or “compound”) fracture, where the bone punctures the skin
- A closed fracture, where the bone is broken but still connected
Fractures may be complicated by conditions such as:
- Avulsion, where a fragment of the bone is torn away
- Spiraling, where the bone twists when the fracture occurs
Regardless of the type of fracture, all such injuries have the capacity to cause medical, emotional, and financial stress for an individual.
Some fractures will heal almost completely. Others will leave permanent damage or disfigurement and individuals may require multiple operations, ongoing treatment, and an aggressive rehabilitation program.
Some fractures are associated with serious health complications from osteoarthritis and vascular damage to infections. Mobility may be restricted temporarily or even permanently.
In general, the more serious the fracture, the more compensation you should be entitled to but there are many factors that must be considered in the award of compensation.
Compensation for bone fracture injuries in Kansas
Compensation for bone fracture injuries is calculated on a case-by-case basis. There are few hard and fast rules but if you can prove negligence of another party, you should be compensated for:
- Resulting medical expenses
- Loss of income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Diminished quality of life
- Emotional distress
What this is worth depends on the extent to which each factor has affected your life and the circumstances of the accident.
- What is the severity of your injuries?
- Where did the accident occur?
- How much have you paid in medical bills?
- How much has it affected your mental and emotional health?
- How much work have you missed because of your injury?
- Has it impacted your present or future earnings? If so, by how much?
- Has it affected mobility or complicated other health matters?
This could mean a few thousand dollars or it could be many millions.
To be compensated fully, make sure you contact one of our experienced bone injury lawyers. We are familiar with the Topeka legal system and in dealing with insurance companies in all types of personal injury cases.
In most cases, we can provide estimates on the amount of compensation you can expect, based on the facts of your case.
The negotiation skills of your bone fracture injury attorney are critical to the outcome of your claim.
For instance, the other party could claim that you shared in the fault of your injury (“comparative negligence”). This may reduce (or negate) your right to compensation without the assistance of a seasoned lawyer.
Remember – we only get paid if we win your case!
With a claim for a bone fracture injury, we will work with you to build a strong argument aimed at settling out of court with the insurance company.
Litigation is only used if absolutely necessary.
The lawyers at ITR Law work on a contingency basis: that means we only get paid if we win your case.
"Pedro Irigonegaray is by far one of the most experienced, knowledgeable, professional and compassionate attorney's I have ever known. When you need legal advice or someone to fight for you, get the best."
-Ty Dragoo, Topeka5.0 5.0
Pedro Irigonegaray is one of the most experienced, knowledgeable, professional and compassionate attorneys I have ever known. When you need legal advice or someone to fight for you, get the best. Talk to Mr. Irgonegaray.
Very helpful. Very friendly. Very personable. Even if you need to know which direction to go with your issue, they’ll help show you the way even if it means you don’t need to go through them. We need more kind people like this!
I have known Pedro for many years. A true gentleman, capable and ethical attorney. Glad to see the firm expand with more talented and ethical attorneys. A real asset to the Topeka legal community.
Very impressed with their attention to detail, prompt service and professionalism. Highly recommend.
Passion for everyone’s rights, especially — but not exclusively — LGBTQ.
We only get paid if we win your case
With personal injury cases, we work entirely on a contingency basis. That means we only get paid if we win your case.
We will deduct a pre-agreed percentage from the compensation that you are awarded. This is always made clear and agreed upon before we take on your case.
Our goal is to make our services accessible and affordable for anyone involved in an accident, regardless of their financial situation.